Kent State is so much more than a college education. We prepare our students for a lifetime of success. Ninety-two percent of our recent graduates are employed or continuing their education full time six months after graduation, and they accept career opportunities in Ohio, across the country and around the world. Kent State graduates are leading innovation and making lives better every day. They join our more than 250,000 alumni who are already making their impact on the world. Learn more about Kent State
Student population size
800 E. Summit St., Kent, OH 44242
- Fall semester: Rolling admission – no set deadline
- Spring semester: Rolling admission – no set deadline
- Fall semester: None
- Spring semester: None
- In-state tuition: $12,471.44 per academic year + fees
- Out-of-state tuition: $21,578.24 per academic year + fees
Learn more about tuition and fees at Kent State
On-campus: The 2022 cohort semester rate for a double standard room is $3,890. This rate also applies to non-cohort students for the 2022-2023 academic year. See a full list of pricing based on specific residence halls and other variables.
Transfer student scholarships and financial aid
Kent State offers several scholarships for transfer students. Learn more about transfer student scholarships and financial aid at Kent State.
Tuition and housing costs listed here are based on data published by the National Center for Educational Statistics – actual costs may differ. Always check with the institution for the most accurate information.
General Education requirements
As part of the requirements for any bachelor’s degree and the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, all students must complete a minimum 36-37 credit hours of the Kent Core distributed as indicated within the specific categories. Learn more about the Kent Core
Friendly degree-completion programs (fastest way to degree)
Kent State saves students time and money through different degree pathways. Agreements with partnering institutions allow students to transfer their college-level coursework efficiently.
Programs with additional admission requirements
Learn more about academic program-specific requirements
Programs with limited admission
- Radiologic Technology – A.A.S
- Veterinary Technology – A.A.S.
- Musical Theatre – B.F.A.
- Photography – B.F.A.
- Visual Communication Design – B.A.
- Visual Communication Design – B.F.A.
- Earth Science – B.S.E.
- Life Science – B.S.E.
- Life Science/Chemistry – B.S.E.
- Physical Science – B.S.E.
- Nursing – B.S.N.
- All Education Programs
Programs accommodating non-traditional schedules (evenings, weekends, etc.)
Kent State offers many 100% online programs. Evening and weekend classes are also available. Students are encouraged to consult with an advisor to learn more about their program of interest.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Ohio Transfer 36
- Transfer Assurance Guides
- Career Technical Assurance Guide
- Military Transfer Assurance Guide
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways
- List of Degree Pathways
Transfer student resources
On-Campus Housing Information. While Kent State is not affiliated with any apartments/houses off-campus, there are several resources for students.
Learn more about identity centers at Kent State
Clubs & organizations
350+. Learn more about clubs & organizations at Kent State
- Business Learning Community
- Aeronautics and Engineering Living-Learning Community
- College of Arts & Sciences Living-Learning Community
- College of Communication and Information (CCI) Commons
- Computer Science Learning Community
- Exploratory Learning Community
- Education, Health and Human Services
- Living In The Arts (LITA)
- Honors College
- Global Village
- LGBTQ+ Living-Learning Community
- Wellness Theme Community
- Green Zone: A Sustainability Community
- Feminist Leadership Initiative
- American Sign Language Living Learning Community
- Multicultural Living-Learning Community
- Pre-law Service Citizenship and Justice Living-Learning Community
- Jonathan Gates, Transfer Enrollment Specialist
- (330) 672-8847
- Christine Connors, Senior Advisor
- (330) 672-2015